Sunday, March 9, 2014

Snippets...

Are you joining in the Pantone Challenge this year?  This will be the first time for me,as I did not even know there was such a thing until it was too late to enter last year.


The color this year is Radiant Orchid,although I am not so sure that the purples in my stash qualify as that color...I decided to participate anyway.  Here is a little sneaky peak at what I worked on Saturday afternoon.


Friday evening I sewed up these five blocks for Kevin the Quilter's QOV block drive,and plan on another five.


All my pieces for the Meringue Clutch cut,and the interfacing/fusible fleece fused this morning.


Last night I was able to cut all the pieces for my puppy love sling bag,and then fused the interfacings this morning as well.


After dinner,I was able to make quite a bit of progress on the sewing.  Although it is pretty hard to see much on the left side piece,there is a window ID pocket below the zipper,and another pocket below that.  There are also four magnetic snaps pieces installed on it near the corners.  The right side piece is the front of the bag with the strap and part of the twist lock installed.

Not bad for a little weekend sewing!

4 comments:

  1. Good Morning CeLynn, I loved your final sentence, "Not bad for a little weekend sewing!"..... I know you said that tongue in cheek, but I have to tell you, I think it is amazing the amount of cutting and sewing you have done this weekend.
    Do you know, I have no idea what colour Radiant Orchid is. I thought I knew most colours..... but this one escapes me. I now know it has a purple hue to it, but I am going to see if I can find the colour on line as my interest is piqued.
    Have a lovely day today.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see someone is making progress ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have been busy! That is so nice of you to make those blocks for QOV. I read his post and he is a super guy--I bet he is going to get lots and lots of blocks to make the quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of fun sewing here. Thank you for sewing QOV blocks for Kevin's drive. Creative Stitching Bliss...

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers