Saturday, March 8, 2014

150 Minutes of Selfish Sewing...

Week one if the 30/30 Challenge was a success for me!  My goal for week one was a new bed runner...

A lovely roll of binding just waiting to be sewn onto the runner.


Since the bedroom has terrible lighting the living room floor had to do for photos.  This is the "back side"that Mr. P decided is now the front side!  Fine by me as I made it so that either side could be used as the front.  (thanks to my love of reversible items)


The other "front side" of the bed runner!  We have been using this since Friday night,and my nice and toasty warm feet are sooo happy :)

This 30 minutes of sewing for me thing is a very good thing indeed!


Last evening I just could not get motivated to sew on any of my projects for this month.  Instead I spent the evening playing in my scraps and came up with this little gem.  It is a bit to little for a mug rug,but works nicely for a mouse pad!  Lorna was the inspiration for this project :)

Want to do a little "Selfish Sewing"for yourself?  There are still three weeks,plenty of time for you to join in!

Linking up to:
Week 1 progress party



11 comments:

  1. Awesome finish, and from the looks of the 10 day forecast, you'll have plenty more time to enjoy it before you'll need to turn on the AC.

    That mouse pad is a brilliant idea for using up an extra block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like that little mouse pad...i use a laptop so have no need for a mouse pad but they would make nice gifts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reversible is wonderful. And both sides are lovely. Sure like your little mug rug as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you had a great sewing week. I am glad I found your blog to read.
    Kathleen Mary
    http://kathysnest32.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your finished bed runner is beautiful, CeLynn! Nice to hear it is keeping your tootsies toasty warm. Love the colours you chose for your granny squares block. What a sweet mouse pad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you were able to finish such a toasty project for yourself this week : ) Love the scrap colors you worked with on the mouse pad, CeLynn!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CeLynn, your bed runner is lovely. I've been trying to put a little more effort into the back of my quilts, but it's hard since by then I just want to get on with the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We sleep better when our toes are warm

    ReplyDelete
  9. CeLynn I love foot cossies......I have one for my bed, but the dog stole it, so had to made another for myself.....good work, the little block is so cute....

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love reversible items! They are truly wonderful! I am not good at selfish sewing, I really do enjoy sewing for AM the most :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, by sewing up those scraps in to a gem, that's sewing for yourself!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers