Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Butterfly Sling Bag Finish

Or as I am calling mine...


The Puppy Love Sling bag.  I was a little worried/scared to start on this bag to begin,but once started it went pretty smoothly,for most of the bag construction.


When you turn the twist lock and open the bag,there is a zipper pocket,an ID window pocket,and another pocket below that.  You can see my phone peaking out of the last pocket.  There are also two magnetic snaps which hold the bag together.  One of the other ladies who made this bag added a little tab to keep her phone in the pocket.  The next one I make will have that addition also.


This is the inside view of one of the two top zippered pockets,there are six card slots in each of these two pockets.  Great for all those loyalty cards everyone seems to have nowadays.  I filled them with my business cards so you could actually see the slots.


Towards the end of the pattern I did have some issues,but that was all me,and my having a hard time with understanding patterns.  So after re-re-re-reading the pattern,and looking at the photos,and thinking about how I have sewn other bags,I was finally able to figure it out :)

When its all said and done,I will be making this bag again.  It is a perfect bag for the essentials,when on the go and you do not want to pack around a large bag.  It would also make a great bag for a night out on the town!  (the heart twist lock looks gold but is really silver)

This was entry # 51 in the goal link up.

On to March's bags...



11 comments:

  1. Fabulous practical bag. Creative Stitching Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here from 'BEE Social'. Love this darling little bag. Room for the essentials for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat bag and love the fabric you choose CeLynn!! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice job, CeLynn. That puppy fabric is really sweet! Love the heart closure. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute, and lots of pockets-you can't go wrong with pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous with lots of pockets.Your fabrics combo is super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really cool, CeLynn! I think it's amazing how you can sew all the parts to this bag, especially those slots for loyalty cards. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like a daunting pattern but you certainly finished it beautifully. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic bag CeLynn! I love the little pockets for the cards! Thanks for the inspiration!

    Thank you for linking up to Fabric Frenzy Friday!
    -Lindsey
    Fabric Frenzy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  10. This turned out really sweet! I just got my hardware but will need to wait till the end of the bag of the month so I can get the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute, cute, cute! I don't know about the dimensions, but it looks like the perfect kind of bag for carrying important identification documents on your person at all times when out of the country. But it is much cuter than all the commercial versions...

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers