Saturday, July 23, 2011

Finished Abby bag and quilt progress

My Abby bag is finished,which means that my
summer projects list is complete!
I had thought about making an amended
or updated summer project list.  However
since my mom & dad are coming next week
and staying for 2 weeks I decided not to.

Here is a better photo of the main part of the
bag.
I am also going to be making a apron with
the same fabrics,as I had enough to make
both projects :)
Love how this turned out.

This is a much better picture of the top/pincushion part of
the bag.
The pattern calls for a button in the center,which I used.
But I covered it up with a silk flower,my own little touch
to this bag :)

The pattern instructions were great for the first part of the bag.
There were illustrations along with the the written instructions,
but about half way through its like the person writing it just
got in a rush to finish.
No illustrations for the second half of the bag,and the
written instructions were confusing to boot!
Had to look online for a tutorial so that I could finish!

This is the block placement that I decided on for  my Knotted
Squares quilt.
I had to move the kitchen table into the living room so that I
could use my kitchen design floor  :)

The lighting outside was Way to bright and it
was windy too.  So I had to snap a quick pic
while it was calm.

A close up of my blocks.

6 comments:

  1. Love your Abby bag, especially your touch of the silk flower on top. The Knotted Squares is way cool. Love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the greens in your squares! You did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Both projects. That Knotted block is way cool. Love your color choices. Jealous that you made AND completed your summer list!! :-) Guess I could get a late start and make a Fall list. Never to late to start right? :-) QuiltPecan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. Both projects. That Knotted block is way cool. Love your color choices. Jealous that you made AND completed your summer list!! :-) Guess I could get a late start and make a Fall list. Never to late to start right? :-) QuiltPecan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for double post... LOL
    Computer locked up and acted like it didn't post. :-) Have a great week!
    Qp

    ReplyDelete
  6. your quilt is beautiful! I love the design and colors you used, so vibrant! Really nice finish!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers