Sunday, February 9, 2014

Third time charm

One of my goals for this month was to sew at least four of my barn blocks into bags.


Finished the forth one this afternoon!  The first one was not the shape I was looking for,it was a lot taller than wide.


The second one was not quite as tall,but still not the width I was looking for .


Third time was the charm!  These are bags three and four.  This is exactly the size and shape I was wanting to make these bags.  Even though the first two are not the size/shape I wanted,I still like them and am happy with how they all turned out.  Six more barn blocks to make up into bags.

Although I did not jump on the no fabric buying for the first six months of the year bandwagon,I have been trying to only sew from my stash.  So far so good :)  It will become more of a challenge as the time goes on,so we shall see how long it lasts.  I have given myself permission to purchase solids,since they are pretty lacking in my stash.  Which will help when I get to that point.

2 comments:

  1. I love your bags! I'm trying to sew only from my stash too. It can be quite a challenge at times, but my pocket book certainly appreciates it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Third time is the charm! They look great! And way to go sewing from your stash. That is the best feeling!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers