Sunday, February 2, 2014

February Sewing Goals

I know,I know,that time already!  So here we go...
First up,my ALYOF Goal

This month I want to get the birds appliqued to the top and then get the two sections sewn together to complete the top.  The plan is to do this while on vacation,since this is a hand project and can be packed in my bag :)  Any suggestions from you on where to find a good selection of pearl cotton to do the applique?  My LQS only has a very limited selection,and the colors do not work for this quilt.

Other Goals this month:

Bag of the Month Club bag for February,the Butterfly Sling Bag.  This bag is actually supposed to be a upscale bag,since I am shopping my stash mine will be more fun than upscale.  I am going to call it the Puppy Love Sling bag!


Big City Bags SAL February,Go Go Bag.  The plan for this bag is to change the placement of the print and solid fabrics.  Since I only have half yard cuts of the prints,hopefully I will be able to figure out how to make it work.  The inside will probably need to be pieced...


The last major goal for this month is to start and finish making at least (4) of these barn blocks into market totes.   Already in progress,as I started on the first one last night.

3 comments:

  1. Good idea for the barn blocks, wondered what I would do with mine. Like the one you have hanging on the fence, really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my pearl cottons from threadart.com. They have fantastic deals! I love your blocks! Can't wait to see the Butterfly Bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your birdie quilt looks great so far!!! I'm not sure if pearl cotton is the same as #8 or 10 floss but my Joann's has DMC brand balls in several colors. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers