Thursday, February 13, 2014

Love,or water Mellon Twister bag

This week has not been very productive in the sewing room,but I did finish a new bag for myself.


Last year my friend Jamie,over at busy bee quilts sent me a sweet little package of pink and green fabric!  It sat on my shelf all this time just waiting for me to decide what to make with it.  A couple days ago while hanging out in my sewing room,these fabrics were whispering to me...


Sometime last summer I had purchased a Mini Twister template and pattern,this was the perfect project to try it out on.  The center/mini twister section of the bag has every fabric Jamie sent me and also some Kona bright pink from my stash.


The back side of the bag is a pink mini gingham print from my scraps,the polka dot fabric also came from the scrap bin :)  For the prairie points,I used the parts cut off of the corners to give the bag its boxy shape.


For the straps,I used more scraps from making the rest of the bag.  I also used a zig zag stitch on the edges of the straps/handles.


The inside,is a allover tie dye heart print,picked up at Joann's a couple years ago.  On the back side there are four pockets made from another scrap of green fabric.  I am sooo tired of winter weather,and this bright bag is just what I needed!  I will be packing all my sewing projects for vacation next week in it!  Thank You Jamie :0)))


I have another bag in progress,but am not sure if there will be time to finish this one up before we leave.  The center piece for this bag was a gift from Daphne over at Ivy, Phillis and me!  If you have not been over for a visit you should,she posts great recipes.  Thank You Daphne :0))

Linking up with Sew Fresh Quilts Let's Bee Social #7
                          Fort Worth Fabric Studio Fabric Frenzy Friday#3

12 comments:

  1. What a cute tote bag, CeLynn…love those colors!! Enjoy your trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks great, love that pattern

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mini twister bag is sweet! Love the pink and green combo. Yes, I agree... We have had enough winter! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors, the bag, looks like a productive week to me. Beautiful bag!
    Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pink and green bag is really lovely! Love how you used twisters to make it!

    Would love for you to stop by and link this up to Fabric Frenzy Friday!
    -Lindsey
    Fabric Frenzy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  6. CeLynn,

    I love the twister bag you made! The prairie points are so darling! I bet you will use this bag for a very long time...Hooray! Love that Jamie!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Evening CeLynn, The colour of your new bag makes me think about Spring.... a long way off at the moment, so it is lovely to see such gorgeous, Spring colours.
    I just know you will be making something gorgeous with the material I sent you. I am looking forward to seeing the finished bag.
    If I don't speak to you before, have a lovely holiday.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute tote bag, CeLynn…love those colors!! Enjoy your trip!!!
    Top Ten Web Hosting Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful bag! I never saw anything similar. Great work http://www.mireview.com/

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the sweet compliments on my bag!

      Delete
  9. That is a great color combo! Those fabrics I sent I bought for the sew happy qal last year but I didn't end up using them because somehow I think a fat quarter was not enough. The little twister design really looks good in these colors and the name of it fits it to a t.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That melon bag has a great color combo!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers