Monday, August 15, 2011

Jenna's blocks finished

Jenna asked for 2 blocks for her month and a smaller block for the
back side of the quilt.
This was the first block.  I am fairly happy with how this one
turned out.

Block # 2
I am not at all happy with how this one turned out.
It is Way too busy.
However I have tortured both of the above blocks enough
so I hope that Jenna likes them?!

The smaller 6.5 inch block for the back side of the quilt.
I am happy with how this one turned out.
It was my first time making a scrap block!

1 comment:

  1. They're all lovely, and I'm sure she'll like them all, but I have to say the second block is my favorite.

    I'm going to express this poorly, because I'm not a quilter nor an artist.

    I like the use of more colors, and that the light/dark values are close. The patterns blend very nicely and let the eye flow easily from area to area.

    The pinwheel design is not as sharply defined as in the first block, but it ia there. I see this block as one complete unit, the first block is definitely composed of its parts.

    The differences make them both beautiful by conrast and by comparison.

    Great job, on all three blocks. I like that bright cheery red on the scrap block.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers