Monday, August 8, 2011

Sew ~ Here Fishie,Fishie

Look at these beauties would you?!
This was yesterdays catch.
Mr. P & Dad were grinning from ear to ear when they arrived
home sporting these in Mr. P's new fish bag :)

After a few hours in the brine and then a few hours in the smoker
This is what those fishies looked like!
Talk about melt in your mouth!  Um,Um,Good :)

Meanwhile mom and I were busy in my "Woman cave".
We made three of these little totes for mom to use as
gift bags.
This one is for a little boy in the class where mom is a
teachers aid.

This one is for the guy who is taking care of their garden
while they are here on vacation.

Last but not least, this one is for the wife of the guy taking
care of the garden.
Mom wanted to know if we could make a "ladies" shirt bag?
No problem,just pick out pretty fabric and add some lace on
the prairie point collar.  Wahla!  One ladies shirt bag finished :)

This is a super cool quilters block tool that I picked up at
Joann's when we were there on Friday!  I used a 40% off
coupon!  So my total cost was between $9-10

It has tons of block patterns with cutting instructions in 5
different block sizes,from 3 inches to 15 inches.
The best part,the math has already been done for me!

3 comments:

  1. Love the bags! Are they your pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those totes are great. I'm thinking the ladies tote would be cute with a Peter Pan collar and little string bow tie. Or is that just too June Allyson-ishy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, hey the bags are just the cutest and I think that quilt block thing is something I'm going to have to keep my eyes open for.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers