Monday, June 2, 2014

French Toast recipe (without eggs)

Sorry for the lack of posting around here lately...but the weather has been sooo nice!  I have sewed a little bit ,but can not show you until my swap partner receives it.  Soon!


Am I the only one who does not like french toast because of the egg? The weird thing is that I actually don't mind eggs every once in a while!  Mr. P watches a lot of cooking shows and recently he saw one that had a recipe something like this.  He described it and asked me to make it for breakfast on the weekend.

Fresh berry French toast:

One baguette (the one you need to bake for a few minutes at home)
syrup of your choice (I like Sohgave,Maple flavor,because it is low GI/not super sweet)
fresh berries or fruit of your choice (1/2 cup)
powdered sugar for dusting
1 - 2 tablespoons Butter

Slice your baguette into pieces(I used 4 pieces for each of us) about 2 inches thick place on a tray or rack in oven (preferably a toaster oven since it is such a small amount).  Bake for the time recommended on package,or until it looks toasted.  Mean while,wash fruit or berries and slice them,set aside for now.

In a frying pan melt butter,remove the baguette slices from the toaster oven and place in frying pan fry for a minute or two over medium heat,just until golden on both sides.

Remove from frying pan and plate.  Top with berries and or fruit,pour syrup over the top of berries/fruit and toast,dust with powdered sugar.


All that is left to do is Enjoy!  I know we did :)






2 comments:

  1. Oh I understand! I've been so busy with a family issue myself that I haven't had much time to do anything!

    I don't mind the egg on French toast, but I hate soggy bread. I do the same thing and toast the bread in the toaster first before dipping and cooking. Glad this recipe worked out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy! I don't mind the egg either. How did Mr. P. like it?

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers