Thursday, June 5, 2014

June Goal,a finish & a mini in progress

First the Goal for this month:

                                 
                           (photo source)

This is the last bag pattern in the Bag of The Month Club!  It is also my goal for ALYOF for this month.  I have not yet pulled fabrics for this but plan on doing that this weekend.


For mothers Day Jolene purchased me some fabrics from Fort Worth Fabric Studio,Thank You Sweetie !  Included in the package was an 8 piece FQ bundle with watermelon fabrics,perfect for some summer sewing projects.  Also included,3 yards of Moda Toweling,as well as another 4 piece FQ bundle and a pattern :)


You can down load a Free Tutorial on how to make these tea towels yourself from the link.  They are a quick project,the pressing takes longer than the sewing!  The pattern in my package is for a table runner so I will be making a runner to go with the tea towels soon.


Back in April I talked my friend Melissa into making the Wonderland Bag with me! (sorry Melissa,I could not find the post on your blog to add the link :(  After we had both finished she told me that her daughter thought the finished bag should be hers!  Which got me to thinking of reducing the pattern and making a smaller one so that they could have matching bags,sort of.


This is the progress so far.  the exterior is done except for the bottom of the bag.  I did make a few changes to this one.  No inside pockets,but there is one on one end(pictured above) and this one does not have the piping.  The handles are also much shorter making this a hand bag instead of a shoulder bag.  When it is finished I will post all the details.

3 comments:

  1. I'm also planning on making this bag this month! Are you making the advanced version? I haven't read the instructions yet so I'm not sure which I'll make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet bags! You have such an eye for color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your towels! They turned out so cute. Can't wait to see what fabrics you pull for the bags, I have to know, what are you doing with all of them, I can't even keep track of how many you have made this year?

    Thank you so much for the bag for Anne, I actually don't think I have posted on the blog about my bag yet, just IG and FB, perhaps this one will make me have to post! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers