Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pool side tote & Origami Bento bag

First up...


The Origami Bento bag.  I found the tutorial for this sweet bag here it did give me some hassles but,as you can see I figured them out.  The only thing I do not like about this is that it is not lined,the next one I make will be though.  This would make a great project bag!

This is the fabric I chose to use for my Pool Side Tote! Doesn't is just shout Summer?!  This is the slip pocket for the outside of the tote.  I decided to give it a little pop by adding a strip of yellow polka dot fabric across the top.  This is the Bag of The Month Club bag for May.  (button  on my side bar to the right here)


And here she is!  First let me say I Love the finished tote!  From the fabric to the size,all around this is a winner.  I did change a thing or two,and will be changing a couple more the next time around...


One of the things I did was to add an inside pocket,because a girl can never have too many pockets!  Either I mis-read the directions or,something?  The green facing you see here I was totally expecting to be on the outside of the tote (I planned for it,that is why I chose to use this print).  Next time the facing will be on the outside of the tote.  I did follow the directions...


The only other thing I was disappointed with is that my yellow Paisley that I specially fussy cut(see the pocket photo above) for the front slip pocket is wrapped around to the bottom of the tote :(  When looking at the directions I thought that it looked like it would end up with part of the pocket on the bottom of the tote...should have listened to myself and made the pocket height shorter.  Next time I will do that for sure.

Linking up with:

Lorna over at:  Sew Fresh Quilts: Let's Bee Social #21





4 comments:

  1. Your Origami Bento bag turned out wonderful. I agree it would be nice to be lined. As for your Pool bag...it is a PARTY all on its own. I love your fabrics and style. Creative Bag Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your bags turned out wonderfully, CeLynn. But I have to say how much I love those fabrics you chose for the sunny, paisley tote. Wow! Love that bag! And how you described what you were happy with and what you would have changed for the next time. Looking forward to seeing the other bags you will be making in the coming months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous bags, CeLynn! I also did see the Benito bag on that blog. I olive your pool tote, those fabrics are like eye candy. Too bad that fussy-cut paisley doesn't show in all it's glory! I love the details you gave with the yellow polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your poolside tote turned out amazing even if it wasn't quite how you expected it. It really has me wishing I could sew a bag like that! I wanted a new pool bag last week and saw one with hummingbirds in a magazine but it was already sold out. I even looked on spoonflower for something similar but no dice. So I just ordered something else with stingrays on it instead. Your bag looks like the perfect pool tote!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers