Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Dizzying Diamonds Pattern Review

Today is the Big Day!  Melissa over at  Sew BitterSweet Designs is releasing her third pattern today!  Congrats to you  my friend :)

                                                      (photo borrowed from Melissa's blog)

The photo above is the smaller(60x72)version that Melissa made,I just love the fabrics she chose for this quilt.


You might remember that I posted a sneak peak(above photo) a while back.  When Melissa asked if I would be interested in testing this pattern,you know I could not say no!  Especially since triangles are one of my favorites :)


This pattern is designed to use a layer cake,since I did not have one in my stash I used a bundle of The Red Thread by Andover Fabrics for the print and Marble Swirls by Moda,in green for my "solid".  I wanted a quilt that would not only read as Christmas but,could also work for everyday.

Melissa has such a talent for writing a pattern that is a little challenging yet,at the same time being easy to follow!  This is a great pattern for working on in between other projects,which is how I personally pieced this top.  It was easy to do in stages,and also easy to pick up from the last step completed and continue on to the next step.

Thank You Melissa for asking me to test this pattern,it was super fun to sew/piece together!  Want to purchase this pattern and make a Dizzying Diamonds quilt of your very own?  Visit Sew BitterSweet Designs at Craftsy for the pattern!








1 comment:

  1. Your version is just so beautiful!!! Thank you so much for testing for me!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers