Monday, October 28, 2013

Quilting Rulers to the Rescue...

There was not a stitch sewn around here this past weekend.  That does not mean it was not a productive weekend though.  The plan for Sunday was to lay the tiles in my sewing room that have been sitting in the hall for the past 4 1/2 months.  So when Mr. P could not find his speed square,I was not about to let that little detail thwart my plans!  But what to do about the no where to be found,required tool???


Improvise,and use a couple of quilting rulers instead! :)  Who says quilting rulers are just for quilting?



When we ripped out the carpet three years ago,I never dreamed it would take this long to finally get it replaced with something!  This summer while at Home Depot,I happened to wander into the tile aisle and finally found something I liked and would also go in the Lavender/Purple room.  This next summer the walls are going to get a different color(when choosing this color I never dreamed it would be so hard to match).  I am thinking,an aqua color for trim and a shade to match the tiles for the main color.

Hope to show you the finished room later this week! :)


4 comments:

  1. The floor looks awesome! Way to improvise;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! It will make you want to sew even more once you have it all back in place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you now have a quilt on your floor! How cool is that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't view the photo of your project you sent so I was checking to see if you've posted it yet. :). Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers