Sunday, August 4, 2013

A little Color Me Retro...

It has been a busy first few days of the month around here,with not much sewing to show for it...


I did have time however to get another pouch sewn up for my partner!  Since she is the Silent type and has not said much,I am hoping that she will like this one...because I will be shipping it this next week.


I am so happy that Stephanie over at Quarter Incher put this swap together.  It has been so much fun!


Of course I did put my own little twist on the pouch,and changed it up just a bit.  You should head over to Flickr and check out all of the Awesome Triple Zip Pouches in this swap,they are amazing!


They say,"All good things must come to an end"  and so it is with the first round of Stash Bee.  As this is the last month.  This month we (in hive #1) were asked to sew the cross/plus block,so here is the one I will be dropping in the mail this week.


A parting shot for you... Mr P. is 5'9 as you can see the sunflower he is standing next to is a good four feet taller.  It is even taller than the roof of the trailer!  All of the sunflowers in the garden this year are volunteers,they are scattered throughout the garden.  Courtesy of the same resident squirrels,who keep depositing the peanuts all over the garden!  Of course if one of the neighbors didn't keep them in peanuts...

I will be back tomorrow to post my Goals for the month.

2 comments:

  1. Your pouch is lovely! And I can't believe how tall your sunflowers are! Ours are taller than me for sure but they just refuse to open! I have one that I think will be open in the next day or so though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's gorgeous! I can't imagine that she wouldn't like it. I don't get these "silent partners", why join a swap if you don't want to join in?

    Unfortunately the only wildlife we have are the pigeons dropping grass seeds in our gutters...

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers