This month over at Hopeful Threads the project was to make pillowcases and e reader case/covers for deployed troops. As you know if you are a follower of my blog,Gil is a Marine,so this was a cause near and dear to my heart. So of course I jumped in and joined the project,in an earlier post I showed 2 of the 6 pillowcases I made.
On to the e reader cases/covers (all of these are for Kindle readers)
The first one for a Kindle 1 has a pocket to hold the kindle.
Number 2 is also for a Kindle 1 reader,all of the cases/covers that I made are a hands free design,not my own mind you,although I wish it were,because it is a genius idea!
Since I do not own an e reader,I had to use a pamphlet to show how this one will hold the e reader.
A side view of the above reader case,which is for a Kindle Fire.
Front view of the second Kindle Fire case,with the pre-amble printed on the fabric.
The back,or outside of the above case. I thought that it would be fitting to use fabric with flames for the 2 Kindle Fire cases :)
Next up is the final one I was able to get finished,because I ran out of the elastic headbands that are used on each corner of the front to hold the e reader to the case. There is also a strip on the back to hold the case closed when not in use.
Angle view of the above reader case,which is for a 3G Kindle reader. What makes these reader cases stand up for hands free use is,chipboard inserted inside of the fabric! After looking at a Lot of different designs I happened across this Tutorial pure genius!
(All five cases made so far,this is a view of the back or outside)
Although I did have to alter some of the measurements by an eighth of an inch to get the chipboard to fit properly (I even used my 1/4" foot too). My plan was to make 2 of each case,so after I buy another package of headbands I will make up the last three. Then they will all be on the way to My Friend Melissa and after that on to the troops :)