Sunday, September 30, 2012

Remember September e reader case/covers

 This month over at Hopeful Threads the project was to make pillowcases and e reader case/covers for deployed troops.  As you know if you are a follower of my blog,Gil is a Marine,so this was a cause near and dear to my heart.  So of course I jumped in and joined the project,in an earlier post I showed 2 of the 6 pillowcases I made.

On to the e reader cases/covers  (all of these are for Kindle readers)


The first one for a Kindle 1 has a pocket to hold the kindle.


Number 2 is also for a Kindle 1 reader,all of the cases/covers that I made are a hands free design,not my own mind you,although I wish it were,because it is a genius idea!


Since I do not own an e reader,I had to use a pamphlet to show how this one will hold the e reader.


A side view of the above reader case,which is for a Kindle Fire.


Front view of the second Kindle Fire case,with the pre-amble printed on the fabric.


The back,or outside of the above case.  I thought that it would be fitting to use fabric with flames for the 2 Kindle Fire cases :)


Next up is the final one I was able to get finished,because I ran out of the elastic headbands that are used on each corner of the front to hold the e reader to the case.  There is also a strip on the back to hold the case closed when not in use.


Angle view of the above reader case,which is for a 3G Kindle reader.  What makes these reader cases stand up for hands free use is,chipboard inserted inside of the fabric!  After looking at a Lot of different designs I happened across this Tutorial pure genius!


(All five cases made so far,this is a view of the back or outside)
Although I did have to alter some of the measurements by an eighth of an inch to get the chipboard to fit properly (I even used my 1/4" foot too).  My plan was to make 2 of each case,so after I buy another package of headbands I will make up the last three.  Then they will all be on the way to My Friend Melissa and after that on to the troops :)

11 comments:

  1. Those are so colorful and FUN! What a great cause. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are simply brilliant! Thank you so much!!! I know they will be well loved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are brilliant! I was gonna ask you where you found the tutorial, but then I saw the link. I pinned it since I have a kindle and it would be awesome to have a standing case like that. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Norton Internet Security Crack
    Norton Security 2021 Latest is a proper solution for each person searching out proven and excellent answers that protect all forms of gadgets in opposition to threats. Enjoying the agree with of experts and customers around the world for decades, Norton allows a much good degree of protection – in increasing to the traditional protection against even the modern-day and unknown types of threats, and online transactions, identification safety, guarantees additional data security by backup stored in the cloud, as well as preserving kids from harmful internet content.

    ReplyDelete
  5. push video wallpaper torrent
    PUSH Video Wallpaper Crack is a historical screensaver. There will be a way here to find the safe page with the smarter and smarter tool. Proper use and use of screen savers for desktop computers are almost the same as the above windows. It is a simple tool to fetch and resize a window with invisible visibility. Once in service, you can enjoy the navigation and music section to play. It is packaged in shapes that suit you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for Sharing such an amazing article. Keep working... Your Site is very nice, and it's very helping us.. this post is unique and interesting, thank you for sharing this awesome information GBWhatsApp Apk Crack

    ReplyDelete
  7. Respectable admin thanks for helping people by your posts as i was searching for these posts from a long time and am a blogger working on my site
    codigo de activacion avast driver updater gratis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks For Allowing us to Share Our Views In This Blog. Share PcsCrack With others.
    fotophire register key
    Dllkeys

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers