Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sugar & Spice & everything nice..

First off a much better photo of my finished
quilt top.
I have decided to call it Sugar and Spice and
everything nice :)

Saturday was The Front Range Modern Quilt Guild's
monthly meet & sew.
We had a pincushion swap,this is the pincushion that I made
to swap :)
I also finally met up with Stephanie from Spontaneous Threads !!

I was so excited to be able to finally meet up with her,and get
to talk to her in person.  I came across her blog sometime
last year.  After a few emails back and forth she invited me to
check out the FRMQG,which I did and joined!  It has taken
us this long to make it to the same meeting.

She is so talented,and inspires me to improve my sewing skills
and try new things!  Unfortunately I was late,and not able to
stay for the afternoon sew :(  However I look forward to the
next meeting and being able to get to know her better!

How do you like my new dish mat?  I was inspired by Connie
at Quilting by the River click the link for her tutorial :)

I used one of the huck towels that Gil brought home from
boot camp.  I cut it in half so that it would fit the space on
my counter.  Since it is almost spring I used some strips of
some chick fabric and some solids in spring colors!  The
pink is actually a lot softer shade,but shows up as a bright
or almost hot pink.

I tried it out after dinner and it works great!

Lastly,here are Lil miss Janome and Crabby Patty getting
acquainted!

Crabby Patty is my new pincushion that I received in the
swap yesterday!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful dish rug!! Thanks so much for the link and your little Crabby Patty is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt looks great :) Love both the pincushions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Spring Dish Mat is wonderful! Love it, so cheery. Isn't Connie's tut super? I made a couple also... in fact I learned of your blog thru her recent post and am now a following - you have a very nice blog! Love your pincushions.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers