Sunday, May 1, 2011

Mother's Day & Summer sewing projects/plans

First the mother's Day part.
I made this case for glasses for my mom as part of her mother's
day gifts!
She loves owl's and her favorite color is blue.  So the inside is
lined with some soft blue flannel fabric that also has owl's
on it. :)

This is a Snap Happy bag that I made for mom also I used
heart shaped buttons instead of the prairie points for opening
the bag. 

This is a mini Snap Happy bag made for my mom too!  I made
her two so that she could give one away to a friend, if she chooses!
For this bag I used the prairie point tabs for opening the bag.
These three projects were my first attempt at quilting with my
new Walking Foot.  They didn't turn out great, but they
weren't half bad either!

Now for the summer sewing projects/plans.
These two patterns are on my summer to do list.
I picked them up recently and am hoping to make up a few of
each of these!

I found a tute at Cluck Cluck Sew for making sprocket pillows,
which I want to try sometime this summer.  I have been thinking
about what fabric I will use to make these!

I joined the quilting book club at 1 choice 4 quilting  This is my
Max and whiskers fabric that will be used to make the first
quilt!  And I hope that my Modern Basics quilt book by
Amy Ellis arrives this week, so that I can start cutting the
fabric.  I still have to purchase the backing and the batting,
but have some time before I will need it.

These squares were given to me by someone at work.  When
I received them they smelled of smoke so I washed them.
Which made them fray on the edges.  So I plan on making
some scrappy coffee mug coasters with them.

These are just a few of the many projects that I plan to
work on and hopefully finish this summer!
I know, Sew Many Projects ~ Sew Little Time
Wish me luck :)
Linking up to FairyFace Designs  Summer sewing plans

7 comments:

  1. About a month ago, I bought that same cute owl fabric at Hobby Lobby too. I just couldn't resist owly faces. I haven't made anything with it yet, but it makes me smile every time I see it.

    Your Mom is going to love the gifts you made her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute gifts. I have that snappy purse pattern and I haven't made it up yet. I should get a summer list going too. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sprocket pillow from cluck cluck sew is super simple and super quick to make! I just made another one last week in less than 2 hours including cutting and stuffing. They are super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some lovely projects planned there! Can't wait to se your sprocket pillow, I want to do that tute myself! And your little purses for your mom are just gorgeous! Thanks for linking up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like some really fun projects! I can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I'm psyched to see you sprocket pillows!!
    I wonder if that would be the good kind of solid pillow you could stuff with old fabric scraps? I've also wanted to use old small scraps for stuffing but it just isn't a very fluffy option.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did you close your glasses case? It looks so nice and roomy!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers