Thursday, May 5, 2011

Brown/lunch bag

Do you brown bag lunch?
Around here it is a rare occasion when Mr. P or I go out to
lunch.  Most times we take our lunch to work.  With warmer
weather almost here it was time to get my butt in gear and
make a lunch bag for myself.
Here is what I came up with!  Although the fabric isn't summery
I love it!  Of course I love almost anything Sunflowers : )
The lining fabric is a coordinating green (my fave color)
I also added insulbrite instead of batting, so that I can keep
cold things cold, or hot things hot!

This was not on my summer plans list, because I forgot to
add it.  Now I just need to make some snack bags in coordinating
fabrics!

These coffee mug coasters were on my summer projects/plans
to do list.
Yay, my first project finished!
The top pair and the bottom pair I just pinked.  That way they
will end up being scruffy after being washed.  ( I hope )
The pair in the center have finished edges.

My Modern Basics book arrived today : )
So hopefully this weekend I will at least get started on
cutting out my blocks for my first of 12 quilts!

8 comments:

  1. Cute lunch bag! The fabric looks like a perfert choice for you! It will bring a smile to your face every time you use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your lunch bag and also that you used insulbrite! The sunflower print really does suit you! The coasters are neat too! I think I do like the "pinked" edges! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, either I can't spell or I can't type. It should have read perfect, not perfert. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fabric for the lunch bag, it's so cheerful! I think you should link it at Blue Bird Sews party, along with your Chicken Salad post. http://bluebirdsews.blogspot.com/p/eat-grow-sew.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. That lunch bag is adorable! It would make anyone want to take lunch along :) The fabric is just wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great idea, and I love that it is reusable - zero waste hooray! Thanks for linking up to Eat, Grow, Sew!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ayayay, now I want one, and I already have a perfectly good tote bag! But who can resist such a pretty and HOMEMADE item?
    Mine would have turtles or elephants or just lots of blue. Woman, you are so creatively productive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I featured you at Eat, Grow, Sew! Hop on over and grab a featured button :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers