Saturday, July 12, 2014

Cherry-Licious

Have you seen or heard about the Nested Churn Dash QAL?  You can find all the info over at quiltjane

    Photo/Button Source

Recently my friend Jamie posted her Awesome version,which reminded me to get busy and sew up my own!


So Last night I did just that.  The cherry fabric has been waiting to become a table mat for my kitchen table since last summer!


Now to get it quilted and bound...


This last week Vicki over at A Quilters Mission posted a tutorial for sewing up this little cell phone pouch!


It is just the right size for your phone and a pair of sunglasses or a really small wallet.  I did have a bit of trouble with the zipper,but that is probably because I was talking to my sis on the phone while sewing it up.  If I make another one I will either use a thin batting or omit the quilting.  The reason being that with just interfacing the quilting does not sink in like it normally would with the batting between the layers of fabric.

That being said,I love it anyway!  Thanks for the tute Vicki!

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous projects.Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my CeLynn....this is a great pouch! Your work is outstanding. That table topper is great also. You work so fast. Congrats on the finishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out! I think there were supposed to be prizes for this quilt along but I haven't seen anything yet. Hopefully one of us will get lucky!!!

    You have finished yours before I finished mine. My machine is getting repaired again. I just had it to the shop at Christmas, but the tension is all out of whack and it's skipping stitches again. Luckily I was just able to eke out my Michael Miller challenge quilt before taking it in to get repaired. Hopefully this time it will be fixed right!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers