Sunday, January 19, 2014

A finish,and another bag started

My first bag Finish of 2014!


The Fireside Bowl bag is done,and I love it :)  Although I expected to have some issues with this bag(mostly because of the shape)it was a breeze to sew!  Love it when that happens.


I had a hard time getting a photo of the inside,the lighting was not playing nice.  It is a very roomy bag,with a pocket on both the front and backside of the lining.  I shortened one of the pockets from 7 inches high to about 4 inches,and sewed a 1inch line on one side for a pen or pencil.  Also added a little tab for hooking a keychain to,because I hate having to dig around for my keys.


I was finally able to get an opportunity to get outside for a photo shoot!  The weather was amazingly warm for a January day.


Today I started on the first bag of the month bag(button on my side bar).  This pattern is called Bye Bye Love Bag,and is exclusively for members of the Bag of the Month Club.  You can join at anytime if you are interested :)


There are 59 steps to complete this bag,today I made it through step 22,and am ready to start on 23!  Of course,I did cut the pattern out last night,so that helped.


The third project this weekend is this mini Swoon block,it measures in at 8 inches.  The plan is to use this block for the front of a zip pouch I am making for a swap...

Linking up to these parties!

Big City Bags SAL

A Lovely Year of Finishes



10 comments:

  1. The bag looks great!
    can't wait to see the other finished and the swoon pouch too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning CeLynn, Thank you for the explanation about the bowl bag and I have to tell you, the finished bag looks fabulous. I love the detail inside the bag, especially the key tab as I am always fishing around for my keys at the bottom of my bag. The material you have used to line the bag is fun, I could see the words New York and Paris and an illustration of the Eiffel Tower. As always, this is a wonderful piece of work CeLynn.
    Best Wishes to you,
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bag is beautiful in those fabrics and it looks like you're off to a great start on those other projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors you have for the swoon block, very striking. And the bowl bag is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been busy! I love how the bag turned out and can't wait to see that pouch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. fabulous bag, your lining is so neat! My lining are always messy and too big, no matter what I do!
    Love the Swoon...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your finished bag and I'm soooo jealous that you get to make Sara's exclusive pattern!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the fabrics for your bags! They do get addicting, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the fabric you used on your Fireside Bowl Bag and it looks like you picked some really awesome fabric for the Bag of the Month also. Thanks for your lovely comment on Angela's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute bag and fabric! Sara does such a nice job with her patterns.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers