Monday, July 2, 2012

Sugar and Spice in a box

The minute I first saw a boxy pouch in blog land,it went onto my, I want to sew that List!  Of course that was sometime last year... This weekend it was finally time to make one of these cute little pouches. What can a girl say,when the list is long,keeps getting longer,and rearranged,sometimes on a daily basis!  



Actually,I just started off playing around with my scraps of Sugar and Spice.  A few weeks ago some of those scraps were turned into two string blocks.  So Saturday ten more of those little guys were sewn up :)  They are 5 x 5 (charm) squares.  I love this line,and have a hard time throwing away even the smallest pieces.  So,after squaring the charms up,the leftover pieces were used to make some smaller blocks.

The inside seam still needs to be hand sewn closed,because it seems that it is time to restock on some colors of thread!  Although this little pouch turned out much smaller than planned,I am loving it :)  The measurements are 3 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 3.



My little boxy pouch started out as a braided block,another one checked off the list!  This is quite fun to sew up and so easy too :)  There are two more waiting to become boxy pouches!



Here are all the little goodies that came out of scraps!!!  One 4 1/2 inch block,one 5 x 5 block,one 3 1/2 block,two 2 blocks,twelve 2 1/2 blocks,and lastly twelve 5 x 5 (charm) string blocks.  There are still some scraps left to play with ;)  They just might find their way into a future giveaway :)

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the colors! What a cute little pouch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't it make you feel sooo good to use up all those little bits? And you made something really cute too! Love your little pouch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little pouch is adorable. I love it when I can make something out of scraps I might once have thrown away. I always have the feeling that I got something for nothing - especially when it's fabric I love. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers