Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Quilt progress

This weekend was very productive in the sewing room!  With Matty's quilt top all done,I decided to start on big brother Jaxin's.

Here are 6 of the 12 blocks that will make up the quilt top.  They still need to be sewn together,but I need to decide on sashing or no sashing.  If I do decide to go with sashing between the blocks it will be a narrow sashing.

Remember that I was making 3 baby quilts?  One each for the boys and also one for the neighbors baby girl.  So this is part of the quilt for Gracie,the top is about 3/4 of the way finished!  So far this one does not have any MARPAT fabric in it.  I am still debating on using some,or keeping it totally girly!


Of course I did not sew these blocks!  They are the latest round of Gothic Windows blocks to show up
in my mail box :)  I am getting really close to receiving all of them,which is very cool and exciting!!  Once they have all arrived,it will be time to decide on the layout/design of the quilt top.  Depending on how many blocks I end up with and the layout,there just might be enough blocks for 2 quilts!!  We will just have to wait and see how it works out ;)

1 comment:

  1. Oh fun! I love the gothic windows...so much that I bought a fat quarter set of yellow and gray fabric at Joanns last time I was there. I know the salespeople there really well, so when they ask what I'm making, they say "bee block or stash?" I ordered the fabric I made yours with from Etsy because we are supposed to use "designer" fabric, but I'm pretty sure one of the pieces in the pack is the fabric you used to make your block. I loved the color combo so much, that it's definitely on my list to make a gray and yellow quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers