Saturday, October 1, 2011

finished summer projects

Sew now that summer has ended and fall is here it is time to
post an update on my summer projects list and see what I was
able to get accomplished.
First up are my coffee mug coasters
Finished.

Second are my sprocket pillows...Finished
I still want to find the time to make more of these,I am thinking
maybe a set for someones up-coming birthday!

My Max & Whiskers quilt
Finished.

Here is a photo of the entire top.
This was my first quilt from the book
Modern Basics.

Not on my list,because at the time the list was made
I didn't know which quilts we would be making for
each month.
My finished Knotted Squares quilt top.
I Love how this one turned out :)


Next up my Abby Bag.
Finished.
This bag is really cute and functional too!
It is great for small scraps and bits of thread.

Zippy Strippy bags
Finished.
These turned out super cute. I am thinking that these would
fit great in a stocking!

My lunch bag,which I forgot to add to the original list.
It works great by the way!
This one is mine,and I love it :)

The last sewing project that I also forgot to add to the list.
This is the very first apron that I made!
Am still undecided about keeping it or giving it as a gift?

Next are solar lights that I made using some glass coffee mugs
that I found while thrifting,for 25 cents apiece!
I just love the pattern they cast.

Here is a better view of the mugs.

My set of solar lights for the 4th of July.

Yet another bunch of solar lights.

My Mason Jar Bird feeder.
One of my most if not The most popular post!

My mug rug for the swap I joined  at Sewhappygeek
this is the front side.  My photo loaded upside down,
sorry :(

The back side.

Next up are a couple of things that I made for Stashtactular
This is my new clothespin keeper.

I pod case
Although since my car was broken into this summer
I no longer own either the case or the I pod :(

My Modern V quilt top,Still need to get this
one sandwiched and quilted/bound.

An owlie bag!
This is the block that I decided to have my bee mates make
for my month in the Sew Bee Blissful quilting bee I joined :)
Can't wait to see all the blocks!

These next bags Have been on my "Want to sew" list for quite
some time!
Finally go to them the last week of summer :)

I decided to use some metal bobbins that do not work in my
Janome sewing machine that I purchased a couple years ago.
These were from the sewing machine I replaced.

Sew over all I did a pretty god job of checking things off my projects
list for the summer!
Me thinks that I need to make one for fall,as this was a great way to keep
me motivated!

Sew a Big Thank you to Sarah over at FariyFace Designs for the
great and fun summer long Linky party!

4 comments:

  1. Wow you've been busy! I love all your projects, especially those pillows, the coffee mug lights and the knotted squares quilt. Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful summer "harvest". So many cool projects that you finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an impressive list. I especially love the bags and pouches. And the Knotted Squares quilt top looks great, too.
    Sorry about your ipod though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you got lots done CeLynn! Love your sprocket pillows, and those solar lights are really cool. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers