Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Bacon & swiss chard over Alferdo pasta

Yesterday I posted a photo of my first bunch of Swiss Chard
from the garden.
This evening I used it to make dinner!

Recipe
1 package of bacon (I used beef bacon)
15-20 leaves of Chard (you could also use Kale,or one package/
bunch of spinach)
8 oz pasta (your choice)
Alfredo sauce
Cut the Chard/kale off the spine,and tear or chop into bite size
pieces.  If using spinach tear large leafs in half & remove stem.
Set aside.
Take bacon out of package and cut in half.  Place in skillet and fry
to desired dourness.
Put your pasta on to boil at this point.
Drain off most of the grease,leaving about 2 tablespoons in skillet.
Add whichever green you are using to the skillet.  Return to heat
and cook until your greens are aldente.  Three to five minutes,no longer
Remove from heat.
Drain pasta,return to pot and add Alfredo sauce and heat through.
Place desired amount of Alfredo pasta in bowl and top with greens &
bacon mixture.
Enjoy :)
Serves 3

This evening I was able to get my triangles cut for my Posie
Patch quilt.
Hopefully tomorrow I will have time to start putting the blocks
together.

1 comment:

  1. That makes me hungry even if it's breakfast time. LOL I'm going to have to try that! Love your fabrics for the Posie Patch quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers