Thursday, April 14, 2016

Much too Busy

Life these days just seems much too busy for keeping up with my blog!  My goal is to post once a week,so far that has not happened this year.  Hopefully that will change soon…


This sweet Sewtogether bag arrived recently!  It is from a swap I had joined over on IG last year.  My package from the mini quilt swap has gone MIA and sadly it is lost in the USPS mail system somewhere.



My first ever experience with an oval handle,took me one hour to instal the first handle.  The second one took a mere twenty minutes!  Of course,that was due to the fact that I found a tutorial online with a great tip!


Both handles on the second one took twenty minutes total.  Yes!  This tiny houndstooth print and the solid colored bag above are both leather from my trip to Oregon Leather.  The scrap bins have some really nice treasures hidden in them.


My bloom blocks 10,11,and 12 are now all completed,just need to sew up number 13 sometime this week to stay caught up.


Added six more freeform rail fence blocks to my growing stack for a new quilt for my own bed.


Made my first two blocks from the Sister Sampler Quilts book,Bonfire BOM.  One for me and one for a "sister".


A glass adventure with my sister!  We made up these paisleys,


Some butterflies


and finally some starfish!  This was so much fun playing with glass in my sisters studio!

Thanks for reading!  What have you been up to lately?

Sew Worth It

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful fabric choices on your Bonfire blocks! So glad to have you join us. Stop by Gen X Quilters if you'd like to enter the monthly drawing... you can enter any block from the book you made that month. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You have been really busy. I love the little butterflies! They are so cute.
    Greetings, Rike

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovevthe bloom blocks and the bonfire blocks are gorgeous.... i could fancy doing a full quilt of them

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers