Sunday, March 8, 2015

Random sewing & a Winner!!

For the first time this year there will be no quilt or quilt top in my post.  What?!!  No I am not done with quilts yet,just taking a little breather.  Okay,actually all this last week was spent cutting up scraps.  One tote done one to go(at a later date).


This is the latest pattern I tested for Jessica of Sweetbriar Sisters .  It is called Charming Chicks,the pattern includes the sweet little chick and the egg zipper pouch that holds it!  Just follow the link above to her shop to see all of her adorable patterns.


These are super adorable and perfect for Easter,so I will be making up a few more.  I just need to purchase some safety eyes as one great niece and one great nephew are still too little for googly eyes!


Yesterday I whipped up this sweet little swing bag.  It is actually my own version of The Emma Clutch I won the pattern way back in October and just now got around to trying it out.  The fabric used is some of my Nordika scraps,although the left side looks like two black squares that is not the case(just how the photo came out).  For me this was just too big for a clutch,so I turned it into a swing bag instead.


On the flap I used some bag bling purchased from Emmaline's Shop.  She has some pretty sweet Bling for bags that lets people know your item is handmade!


The Bag of the Month Club's January bag,the Companion Carpet Bag in progress.  The large silver piece is some more of Emmaline's bag bling.


All finished!  The making of this bag sure had its ups and downs.  The end bag is totally worth it though!


A look inside.  This was the first time using a tubular frame for me,surprisingly it was not one of the bumps along the way.


Another first in bag making,adding feet to a bag!  Which by the way is really quite easy.

So who is the winner of the Kona Color Card???


Chiska,Congratulations you are the winner of my old card!  I have emailed you for your snail mail info!

Thanks to everyone who entered,for your comments on my post :)!

Sew Worth It



3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited! I love your little chick bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chick is so cute! Any little kid would be thrilled to get one and zip and unzip it out of the egg!!!!

    The bags you made turned out awesomely. You are quite the bag lady, CeLynn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers