Saturday, January 31, 2015

Sew the Library (twofer)

Have you heard,or are you participating in Sew the Library?  It is a monthly link up hosted by Fabric Mutt and I think a few other bloggers will be hosting throughout the year too.  This is not one of my usual link up party's,but this is a New year and time for New things...


So I am participating.  For this month (the first link up)  my project is a quilt,from the book Fabulously Fast Quilts.  This book was a Christmas gift from a very special friend.  Jamie and I decided to have our own little sew along this month.  The pattern we chose this month is butterfly effect.


The prints in the quilt came from a Color Me Happy jelly roll,the solid is Kona Nightfall,which is actually a darker blue.  The binding strips are two grey prints from the jelly roll mixed with a green with white polka dot Dear Stella print.  The name of the book holds true,as this was pretty fast to sew up,and turned out fabulously!


You are probably thinking this is a crazy back side for a quilt called butterfly effect right?  well,having my own "style"is one of the things that makes my quilts unique,and this one is no exception.  As you know I love things that are reversible…

Finish #5 for January!
Sew Worth It



5 comments:

  1. Very nice Celynn, hope you are doing well in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful, I love the blue you chose for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt and love your backing, it is very unique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so so good CeLynn! I think it's the background fabric you chose that makes it so stunning. I watched Elizabeth Hartman's webinar about picking fabric and she recommends using something other than white or black as a background color--a navy or burgundy is what she said. I thought of your quilt and I think she's exactly right. It gives your quilt such a modern but classic feel. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt! I love the blue with the pops of great.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers