Sunday, August 24, 2014

Around the World Blog Hop

Last Sunday night my friend Melissa from Sew BitterSweet Designs asked me to participate in this hop.  Melissa and I met in an online quilting bee and have been fast friends ever since.  We actually met in person August 2012!

The purpose of this blog hop is to introduce you to some wonderful New to you,bloggers that you have not yet had the pleasure of meeting.

First I will tell you a little bit about me that you may or may not know,then I will be sending you off to meet/visit three wonderful bloggers I am happy to call my friends!

About me:

Although my mom is a talented sewist,I did not learn to sew from her.  My first experience with sewing was in Home Economics class in HS.  Where I made a velour top for mom,which she loved and wore for many years afterwords.

I have sewed off and on since then,mostly off especially during my two wonderful kids younger years. Working a full time job,I wanted to spend my free time with them.  That is not to say that I didn't sew,just that I didn't sew much.  Until they reached HS themselves,at which point my love affair with sewing was rekindled!


My mom (Betty)with the quilt I made her in 2012.

What are you working on...

I just finished a swap where we each made our own version of the 241 bag...right now I am working on another swap item


This is the exterior of the basket for my secret partner.  Of course I also have a quilt top,and two paper pieced blocks that need to be finished by the end of the month!

How does my work differ from others in my genre?

That is really a tough one for me to answer!  The only thing I can say about this question is that although I may be making the same thing as others,I always feel the need to change it up somehow,to make it uniquely mine.


For example,my 241 swap bag,I added grommets along the bottom and beading accents along the tops of the pockets and in the center of the bag.

Why do I create?

In a word Therapy!  Creating is my way to relax after a long day at work,my stress reliever when the world is closing in,and I create because it makes me Happy and keeps me sane!  I love the feeling of accomplishment after finishing a project.  The best part of creating is the feeling of sheer joy/happiness I feel when I am able to use my sewing talents to help others.

Here are the three wonderful bloggers I will be sending you off to visit/meet next Monday September 1rst.

I meet Jamie from busy bee quilts in an online sewing bee,last year we meet in person at Fabric Fest! She has such a great eye for great color combos,she is always working on one quilt or another,and she has some mad quilting skills too!

Daphne,blogs over at Ivy,Phyllis and Me!(we have not had the pleasure of meeting in person)  She whips up the most scrumptious and eye appealing dishes,I have an ever growing list of recipes to try!  She also tells the best stories before each recipe she posts.

Do you like to paper piece,or sew bags?  Well Angela,from Sewing With Squeak has been letting me test some of her paper pieced patterns lately(the two mentioned blocks that need to be finished this month are just two of many).  Last month I tested her treasure chest pattern!  She is also running the Big City Bags SAL that I am participating in!  She sews a wide array of things,from quilts to clothes,and recently

(photo source Angela's blog sewing with squeak)

she made this super cute little bed for her puppy!

Thank you for stopping by,I hope enjoyed your visit to my little corner of blog land!  Be sure to check out the three talented ladies next Monday too!






2 comments:

  1. Good Morning CeLynn, Thank you so much for inviting me to participate in the 'Around the World Blog Hop'. I am looking forward to the 1st September..... but oh my can you believe it.... September has almost arrived.
    I have to tell you, your mother has the most beautiful smile and she looks so cosy with the quilt you made for her. Now, as far as your bags are concerned, you know I think of you as the 'Queen of Bag Making'.
    Have a lovely day today.
    Best Wishes to you as always.
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading your sewing story. I found this lovely round the world blog hop because I follow Busy Bee Quilts. I live to sew too and blog at valspierssews. Because I have a google plus profile I have included my email.
    valspiersseews@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers