Thursday, April 11, 2013

Purple,charming...

Recently,I commented over at Fluffy Sheep Quilting to say that I would love to join Cindy's Rainbow Charm Swap.  Then was disappointed when she emailed to say the swap was already full :(  So on the waiting list my name went...


A couple days later another email arrived to say,someone had dropped out,so I had a spot!  When color assignments were given I received the color purple.


After a lot of searching online,I found a sale!  So was able to pick up some Metro Living for $6.99 a yard :)  They were also having a weekend sale of 30% off,so I also picked up a little something I have been drooling over since first seeing it...(will share that in another post)


This month over at STash Bee we were asked to make an improv tree block,which I had issues with...  Finally this evening I was able to get it right. :)  The tree and branches are made with Kona Glacier,and the background is Kona Pomegranate.


Something that has been on my list for a long time is a casserole dish carrier,all it needs to be finished is for the ties to be hand sewn on.


This one is kind of scrappy,since there was not enough of the blue fabric left in my stash.  It took me two evenings after work to complete it.  Of course I didn't have any quilted fabric,so had to quilt it before cutting out and sewing the pieces together.


Lastly a few key rings made using scraps.  Started cutting out the pieces for barns # 3 and 4,so am hoping to get those done tomorrow evening.

5 comments:

  1. Those key chains are a perfect item for the Farmer's Market booth!!!

    Glad you got into the swap. Oh how I love to do those:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your tree! It is very awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the key chains and casserole carrier. Looking forward to seeing the barn blocks, and your rainbow charms when you get them all back. The purple looks great. Have a great weekend, CeLynn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your tree block CeLynn! The key fobs are extremely cute and the casserole carrier is adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers