Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome 2013

Happy New Year everyone!  Hope you had a safe and happy day :)  Just the fact that I did not have to go to work today made it a great day!  What made it even better,spending pretty much the whole day in my sewing room!  Although not a stitch was sewn the entire time,it was a very productive day.

I am happy to say that my sewing room is now 65% ready to start off the New Year on the right foot.  First Mr. P and myself spent a good amount of time assembling this...

source
It is from Ikea,and went on my wish list last year when we visited the new store in Colorado.


Here it is all put together,with most of my stash!  Recently I had decided that the best way to start off the new year would be to get organized,not only in the sewing room,but through out the whole house.  Of course since my sewing room was a mess,and because Mr. P gave me this and some other cool organizing items for Christmas,this is the starting point.


In this photo you can see the top also.  These colored baskets were purchased a couple of years ago on clearance,they were two packs at a $1 a piece!  It is time to pull them out and use them!


A look at my sewing table/creative space,sorry the photos are so dark,but by the time I took them it was already dark outside,and since the organization is still in progress there is a cabinet blocking part of the lights.  Maybe this coming weekend I can get some better shots for you :)

Sometime this in the near future I will post about my planned projects/goals for this year sewing wise,anyway.

I have also been working on my contribution to the wordy blog hop (link below).  Which I will be posting about on the 14th!  Have a great rest of your week :)

Blog Hop





5 comments:

  1. Love your new shelf system! It feels so good to get things the way you want them. Happy organizing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh Ikea must have sold a ton of these! We got the black brown one the day after Christmas for our living room and Mama Spark (she hasa good quilting blog) is also getting one. We love ours! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got one of those for Christmas last year and I love it! I want a lower one now to be a cutting table/storage unit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new cabinet is great! We have one of those in the playroom upstairs - it is fantastic for organizing toys too :)

    Happy new year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been coveting a cubby storage system, but alas, there is really no room in my sewing room for another item. Now that the kids are gone, maybe it's time to take over one of the abandoned bedrooms for a little more room. =)

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers