Friday, January 13, 2012

I'm back (finally!)

Did you guys/gals miss me?
Sorry for not getting a post up sooner,this was a busy week.
What with Gil home until yesterday,I just had other priorities
this week.

There were a couple of nights when Gil and Mr. P were playing
video games,so I took advantage of that and snuck off to get
in a little sewing time!

The above photo is my week # 2 project for the After Christmas
Sew Along over at Sew Much 2 Luv 

Here is a photo of my inspiration for this project.
Back in October/November I had purchased 2 different Fast
& Furious books.
This project is called "Lucky Charms",because you use charm
squares to make it.

The center inside of the white is the original pattern.  I decided
that it was to small and needed something more.  My first idea
was just to add the  prairie  points,but that made it way to busy,
so I added the white border to break it up a little.

The quilting is just straight lines with a zig zag around the outer
edge,which I think ties in with the prairie points.

Vacation was Great and Short too!  Well not really short,but it
felt like it ;)
Will post some more vacation photos soon :)

4 comments:

  1. Great job. I like the added white border. It breaks it up and the prairie points are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table runner is really cheerful! And I like the way you adapted this pattern. Vacations always go by too fast. Looking forward to pictures. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your table runner! So bright and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh that's a bright one ! I say every year I need a runner yours is just the inspiration I need , thanks !

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers