Saturday, March 23, 2013

Almond Apricot Muffins

It has been a Long time since I posted a recipe for you,so since it is snowing today,it was the perfect day for baking!

   
                                               Almond Apricot Muffins


Staples needed for making these yummy muffins!  (oops,didn't get the Almond extract in the photo!)

  • 3 1/2 cups unbleached  all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 4 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. table salt
  • 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
  • 10 Tbs. unsalted butter (melted and cooled slightly)
  • 1 cup whole milk,at room temperature
  • 1 cup sour cream,at room temperature
  • 2 large eggs,at room temperature
  • 1 large egg yolk,at room temperature
  • 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped dehydrated Apricots
  • 3/4 cup sliced and toasted almonds
  • 1/2 tsp. Almond extract
Utensils needed:
  • muffin pan
  • paper liners
  • rubber spatula
  • Lg. mixing bowl
  • Med. mixing bowl
  • measuring spoons & cup
  • sifter
  • whisk
  • egg separator (or you can just use the shell,if you don't have one)
 Place one of your oven racks in the center position and pre-heat to 350 while you prepare the muffin mixture.



        In the large bowl,sift together the flour,baking powder,baking soda,and salt.


                                           Mix well.  I use a whisk for this step.


In your medium size bowl (I melted the butter in this bowl and set it aside to cool while measuring and mixing the dry ingredients).


Whisk together the melted butter,sugar,milk,sour cream,eggs,and egg yolk until well combined.


                                                               (like this)


                Take your spatula,and make a well in the center of your dry mixture.



                            Pour the wet ingredients into the well in the dry ingredients.


Using your spatula,fold gently just until the the dry ingredients are combined.  Your batter will be lumpy,this is the way it is supposed to be.



Sprinkle your almonds,apricots,and the almond extract over the top of the batter.  Again,fold in until just combined.


                            Remember,the batter is supposed to be lumpy,do not over mix!


                 Drop by spoonfuls,(I use a soup spoon) into the paper liners in your muffin tin.  Place in the pre-heated oven and bake for 30-35 minutes,or until the tops are a golden brown.  (this will depend on your oven)


You can enjoy them with or without butter!  I know it probably looks like shortening on my muffin,but it is actually a dollop of coconut spread (you can find it at the health food store)  Yum!  If you try this recipe,I would love to hear what you think of them :0)

Depending on how full you fill the paper liners,you will get 18 to 24 muffins.  (I got 24 from my batter)

4 comments:

  1. Mmm yummiest.I want to try it.Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those muffins sound so good! Where can I get dehydrated apricots? I will definitely try this recipe and get some of that coconut spread. I saw it once online and meant to try it. Now I must!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These looked really yummy & reminded me of spring. I had to pin them so I can gather up everything i need, thanks for the recipe!

    Mae
    TheLifeOfACompulsiveCrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those do look yummy. But, you see, I'm a knitter. With astigmatism. And not wearing my glasses right now, which makes everything on the computer a little fuzzy. I saw your post title in the tiny text on my blogroll ... and I was really looking forward to seeing some Almond Apricot Mittens. But these are surely the next best thing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers