Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Projects

This is my clothes pin keeper!
I have been wanting to make one of these since first seeing
the tutorial over at Spontaneous Threads.
So yesterday this was the project that I worked on in
the morning :)

There is a great tutorial over at SewHappyGeek :)
This is one of the Stashtactular tutorials!
It can be for just about any smallish electronic
device that you have.
The tutorial was for an I pod/I phone
since I have an I pod that is the project I did :)
The nice thing is that the tute is very easy to
follow! 
I was able to whip this baby up in no time!

If you are a follower,you probably know that my parents are
visiting from California for this and next week :)
So,this is a project that my mom is working on!

She saw my Maxine napkins and decided that she would like
to make some for her and &dad to use at home.
Here is the fabric she started with.

A close-up of the above photo.
I used the applique stitch on my machine to attach the smaller
pieces of fabric to the block.

Mom kept asking me "do you think that this fabric goes
together?"
To which my reply was,mom if you like it then it goes just fine!
They are for you so make whatever you like :)

Last night I was able to get the smaller blocks all appliqued onto
the larger blocks.
The duck print is going to be the back side of the napkins.

That will be done today :)
Then it will be on to the next project!
Did I mention that I LOve VACation?!!

2 comments:

  1. I love the sunflower fabric you used for the clothes pin keeper. I should have guessed...LOL! Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I featured you at Eat, Grow, Sew...pop on over and grab a button to show it off :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments from the Sunflowers